This long weekend has been really productive quilting wise. I started a quilt today for my cousin and her husband - never mind that they got married 4 years ago and this is their wedding present - I'm a little behind. I've cut out about half the quilt - will sew that, then cut the rest. I'm using a pattern/ruler set called Rapid Fire Hunter Star - you can find the website here.
About 1/2 the fabric cut
The practice one I made - the real one will have larger squares.
I might be crazy. You can see the completed quilt here. There are over 5600 pieces in total.
Today I finished A6, A7, and B1 - for a grand total of 22 pieces. I have a whole new appreciation for people who do a lot of hand applique.
I finished the flannel baby quilt - Forest Friends - for my friend at work. She is still worried the baby will come early so I thought I better finish. I'm happy with how it turned out - so is my cat.
Around the border I quilted an image of the palm type leaves that crossed about 6 stripes in the border. In the blue corner stones I quilted an image of one of the little owls. The middle panel I quilted around various lines. The quilting pictures didn't turn out too well - too hard to see.