|missing the eyes|
So far I like it but maybe the only guy without a pompom needs one. I goofed when I got the kit - I took it apart and carefully took a photo of each fabric piece and the label. Then, while trying to organize them on my phone into an album, I erased them all. There was some swearing but I think I've got it worked out.
Now I need to decide how I'm going to applique the pieces to the background. The sample I saw used a machine stitched blanket stitch in black thread - but I think that looks a little too country for me.
I tried out some samples and here's what I got:
|top row left - grey thread|
|top row right - black thread|
|middle row all white thread; tried the colour and played with which stitch I wanted|
|bottom row left taupe silk thread (what I use to hand applique)|
|bottom row right - hand applique so there's nothing to see|
I think I'm going to go with the hand applique. My machine won't get the blanket stitch as close together as I'd like and I've shorted the stitch length as far as it will go. And I'm worried the cat might get her nails caught in them.