One of my 4 projects on the Q3 Finish Along is a pair of mitts for myself. I finished them and I'm very happy with my results.
This is my first major foray into colourwork and these mitts had a lot of it. None of my stitches are too loose or too tight, which is good. I can definitely use more practice to improve. They fit perfectly, which is awesome (since most of the mitts I've knit to date don't quite fit the way I'd like). And the pattern was free so that's a bonus as well.
The pattern is on ravelry: bird mittens. I used Koigu wool, size 3.0mm needles. And the coral ran when I blocked them, but not into the white, which I can live with. I may add a bit of elastic to the bottoms to pull them in a bit. My knitting is looser where there is little or no colourwork, and that is giving these a bit of a gauntlet look.